1. selen- + -ium.
2. On analogy of tellurium, with which it had been at first confused, and which was named for the earth.
3. selenium 与 tellurium 在元素周期表中是同列相邻的元素，它们具有相近的化学性质，其名称含义的地月关系也正是基于此联系起来的。
化学元素，命名来自 Selene,月亮，-ium,化学元素后缀，模式基于 tellurium,锝，来自拉丁语 tellus,地球。
- selenium (n.)
- element name, Modern Latin, from Greek selene "moon" (see Selene). Named by Berzelius (1818), on analogy of tellurium, with which it had been at first confused, and which was named for the earth. Despite the -ium ending it is not a metal and a more appropriate name selenion has been proposed.
- 1. Selenium and aluminum are found in vanishingly small concentrations within living things.
- 2. Apart from selenium and vapour - deposited germanium and silicon, glasses are at least diatomic.
- 除了硒和汽相沉积的锗和硅之外, 玻璃至少是二原子的.
- 3. But inorganic selenite is just as nutritionally effective as selenium in organic form.
- 4. Why can't we cut the middleman and just check the wife's house for selenium?
- 5. Other good sources of selenium: seafood, beef and whole - grain breads.
- 其他含硒食物有: 海产品, 牛肉和全麦面包.
[ selenium 造句 ]