CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
来自德语 Semester,半年，半年期，来自拉丁语 semenstris,半年，六个月，来自 sex,六，词源 同 sextet,six,mensis,月，词源同 moon,month.
- semester (n.)
- 1827, from German Semester "half-year course in a university," from Latin semestris, in cursus semestris "course of six months," from semestris, semenstris "of six months, lasting six months, half-yearly, semi-annual," from sex "six" (see six) + mensis "month" (see moon (n.)). Related: Semestral; semestrial.
- 1. You will need to complete three written assignments per semester.
- 2. A student will probably attend four or five courses during each semester.
- 3. I'm going to take a course in applied mathematics this semester.
- 4. He had three minors this semester.
- 5. Each student is expected to wait at table for one week each semester.
[ semester 造句 ]