CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
- Old English hire self; see her (objective case) + self. Originally dative, but since 14c. often treated as genitive, hence her own sweet self, etc. Also see himself.
- 1. She dusted herself down and left to build her own career.
- 2. She is not herself. She came near to a breakdown.
- 3. She made a fanning motion, pretending to cool herself off.
- 4. She has a knack of landing herself right in the soup.
- 5. She felt nervous, increasingly lacking in confidence about herself.
[ herself 造句 ]