CET6+ TEM8 GRE TOEFL
1. HSL色彩模式 / HSL色彩模型: HSL色彩的表述方式是：H(hue)色相，S(saturation)饱和度，以及L(lightness)亮度。
2. 颜色模型(RGB、HSL、HSB、、CMY、CMYK, 等等).
3. 谐音“呼”----呼叫 =》hue and cry.
拟声词，常见于短语hue and cry,喊叫，大声抗议。
- hue (n.1)
- "color," Old English hiw "color, form, appearance, beauty," earlier heow, hiow, from Proto-Germanic *hiwam (cognates: Old Norse hy "bird's down," Swedish hy "skin, complexion," Gothic hiwi "form, appearance"), from PIE *kei-, a color adjective of broad application (cognates: Sanskrit chawi "hide, skin, complexion, color, beauty, splendor," Lithuanian šyvas "white"). A common word in Old English, squeezed into obscurity after c. 1600 by color, but revived 1850s in chemistry and chromatography.
- hue (n.2)
- "a shouting," mid-13c., from Old French hue "outcry, noise, war or hunting cry," probably of imitative origin. Hue and cry is late 13c. as an Anglo-French legal term meaning "outcry calling for pursuit of a felon." Extended sense of "cry of alarm" is 1580s.
- 1. His hair has reverted back to its original copper hue.
- 2. His face took on an unhealthy whitish hue.
- 3. The diamond shone with every hue under the sun.
- 4. The workers raised a great hue and cry against the new rule.
- 5. The water and the sky are of one hue.
[ hue 造句 ]