来自gnarl, 疙瘩。用于俚语，呱呱叫的。比较cracking, 破裂的，俚语义顶呱呱的。
- gnarly (adj.)
- "knotted and rugged," c. 1600, from gnarl (see gnarled) + -y (2). Picked up 1970s as surfer slang to describe a dangerous wave; it had spread to teen slang by 1982, where it meant both "excellent" and "disgusting."
- 1. Wow, man! That's totally gnarly!
- 2. EXAMPLE : My little brother paid a lot for his gnarly new snowboard.
- 3. There, he ran into a gnarly old lady.
- 4. I see conundrums, dilemmas , quandaries , impasses, gnarly thickets of fateful possibility with no obvious way out.
- 眼看问题经纬万端,进退两难 、 入困境, 死路一条, 盘根错节的命定可能性,但找不到明显的出路.
- 5. EXAMPLE : Champion surfers are attracted the gnarly surf along the eastern Australian coast.
- 澳大利亚东海岸的 惊涛骇浪 吸引着一流的冲浪好手.
[ gnarly 造句 ]