英 ['dɒsɪə; -ɪeɪ; -jeɪ]
- n. 档案，卷宗；病历表册
- n. (Dossier)人名；(法)多西耶
1. endorse => dossier.
2. which originally signified a 'bunch of papers with a label on the back'.
3. dors- "back" => doss-.
来自拉丁语dorsum, 背，词源同endorse. 因过去人们习惯在文件后面做记号，引申词义卷宗。
- dossier (n.)
- 1880, from French dossier "bundle of papers," from dos "back" (12c.), from Vulgar Latin dossum, variant of Latin dorsum "back" (see dorsal). Supposedly so called because the bundle bore a label on the back, or possibly from resemblance of the bulge in a mass of bundled papers to the curve of a back. Old French dossiere meant "back-strap, ridge strap (of a horse's harness)."
- 1. The company is compiling a dossier of evidence to back its allegations.
- 2. We have a hefty dossier on his exploits in the war.
- 3. Iraq claims the contents in the weapon dossier prepared by Britain baseless.
- 4. Responsible for archiving and maintaining registration dossier related to the site.
- 5. When user login in, he can search it's dossier.
[ dossier 造句 ]