CET6 TEM8 GRE TOEFL
- hibernate:  The Latin word for ‘winter’ was hiems (it is the source of French hiver, Italian inverno, and Spanish invierno, and is related to a number of other ‘winter’ or ‘snow’ words, such as Greek kheima, modern Irish geimhreadh, Russian zima, and Sanskrit hima- – the Himalayas are etymologically the ‘snowy’ mountains – which point back to a common Indo-European ancestor *gheim-, *ghyem-).
From it was derived the adjective hībernus, whose neuter plural form hīberna was used as a noun meaning ‘winter quarters’. This in turn formed the basis of a verb hībernāre ‘pass the winter’, whose English descendant hibernate was apparently first used by the British naturalist Erasmus Darwin (grandfather of Charles) around 1800. (Hibernia, incidentally, the Romans’ name for ‘Ireland’, comes ultimately from Old Celtic *Iveriu, source also of Erin and the Ire- of Ireland, but its Latin form was influenced by hībernus, as if it meant ‘wintry land’.)
- hibernate (v.)
- 1802, probably a back-formation from hibernation. Related: Hibernated; hibernating.
- 1. Bears often hibernate in caves.
- 2. Struts and Hibernate are open source frameworks and commonly used.
- 3. Hibernate is an open source and lightweight level data persistence ORM tool.
- 4. Data base operation having applied Hibernate simplification.
- 5. The documents include, HIBERNATE configuration, the one - to - many. many - to - many . another is usually more of its own operations.
- 更不用说了,我培训期间的资料,包括每天老师的例子.文件主要包括, HIBERNATE的 配置, 一对多, 多对多. 别的就是些平时的自己作业.
[ hibernate 造句 ]