- subscription (n.)
- c. 1400, "piece of writing at the end of a document," from Middle French subscription (Modern French souscription) and directly from Latin subscriptionem (nominative subscriptio) "anything written underneath, a signature," noun of action from past participle stem of subscribere (see subscribe). Meaning "act of subscribing money" is from 1640s.
- 1. We paid a subscription of 5 pounds yearly.
- 2. They decided to raise the money by subscription.
- 3. They decided to raise money by subscription.
- 4. May I beg you for a subscription?
- 能请您捐点钱 吗 ?
- 5. The magazine subscription expires with the current issue.
[ subscription 造句 ]