- vi. 飘动；鼓翼；烦扰
- vt. 拍；使焦急；使飘动
- n. 摆动；鼓翼；烦扰
CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE
1. frequentative of float.
来自float, 浮动，波动。-er, 表反复。引申词义颤动，慌乱。或来自辅音丛fl, 扑腾，拍打，拟声词，词源同flap, flip, flounce.
- flutter (v.)
- Old English floterian "to flutter (of birds), to fly before, flicker, float to and fro, be tossed by waves," frequentative of flotian "to float" (see float (v.)). Meaning "throw (someone) into confusion" is from 1660s. Related: Fluttered; fluttering. As a noun, "quick, irregular motion," from 1640s; meaning "state of excitement" is 1740s. Flutterpate "flighty person" is from 1894.
- 1. The look in his eyes made my heart flutter.
- 2. I had a flutter on five horses.
- 3. Our surprise attack put the enemy into a flutter.
- 4. The news caused a flutter among the teaching staff.
- 5. Snowflakes flutter in the air.
[ flutter 造句 ]