- vt. 满足；纵容；使高兴；使沉迷于…
- vi. 沉溺；满足；放任
CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研
1. 淫妲己 => 商纣王沉迷于淫妲己的酒色之中，看过封神榜的都知道。
2. 隐打机 => 打飞机上瘾了。
3. in- + -dulge ( dull => dulge ): 割掉一个l 后就不再乏味，所以纵情于.
- indulge:  The -dulg- of indulge may be related to such words as Greek dolikhós and Russian dólgij, meaning ‘long’. In that case Latin indulgēre, the immediate source of the English word, may to begin with have signified ‘allow long enough for’. Its only recorded senses, however, are the same as those of modern English indulge.
- indulge (v.)
- 1630s, "to grant as a favor;" 1650s, of both persons and desires, "to treat with unearned favor;" a back-formation from indulgence, or else from Latin indulgere "to be complaisant." Related: Indulged; indulging.
- 1. Only rarely will she indulge in a glass of wine.
- 2. You can indulge yourself without spending a fortune.
- 3. They went into town to indulge in some serious shopping.
- 4. I never indulge children with plenty of pocket money.
- 5. It is sometimes necessary to indulge a sick child.
[ indulge 造句 ]