英 [sɪ'erə; sɪ'eərə]
- n. [地理] 锯齿山脊；呈齿状起伏的山脉
- n. (Sierra)人名；(意、西)谢拉；(英)西拉
1. serra "a saw" => sierra, serried, serrate, serration.
来自西班牙语 sierra,锯齿状山脉，来自拉丁语 serra,锯子，锯齿，词源同 serrated,锯齿状的。
- sierra (n.)
- "a range of hills," 1610s, from Spanish sierra "jagged mountain range," literally "saw," from Latin serra "a saw" (compare serrated), which is of unknown origin.
- 1. Cameroon have also qualified after beating Sierra Leone.
- 2. Portuguese explorers had charted the west coast of Africa as far as Sierra Leone.
- 3. In Sierra Leone, English is used as the medium of instruction for all primary education.
- 4. The Sierra Club was unable to meet this standard.
来自英汉非文学 - 环境法 - 环境法
- 5. The end of the Sierra Nevada cuts off all rain.
[ sierra 造句 ]