- vi. 符合；遵照；适应环境
- vt. 使遵守；使一致；使顺从
- adj. 一致的；顺从的
CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
con-, 强调。-form, 形状。即形成同一形状的，相一致的。
- conform (v.)
- mid-14c., confourmen, from Old French conformer "conform (to), agree (to), make or be similar, be agreeable" (13c.), from Latin conformare "to fashion, to form, to shape; educate; modify," from com- "together" (see com-) + formare "to form" (see form (v.)).
Sense of "to comply with the usages of the Church of England" is from 1610s; hence conformist (1630s), opposed to non-conformist or dissenter. Related: Conformance; conformed; conforming.
- 1. Taxis must conform to the rigorous standards laid down by the police.
- 2. Like most "peacetime wars" it did not conform to preconceived ideas.
- 3. Many children who can't or don't conform are often bullied.
- 4. Does your electric blanket conform to BS 3456?
- 5. There is considerable pressure on teenagers to conform.
[ conform 造句 ]