- knowledgeable (adj.)
- also knowledgable, c. 1600, "capable of being known, recognizable" (a sense now obsolete), from knowledge in its Middle English verbal sense + -able. The modern sense of "having knowledge, displaying knowledge" is from 1829 and probably a new formation.
- 1. Mr Winchester is impressively knowledgeable about all manner of things.
- 2. If you don't know much about cars, take a knowledgeable friend along.
- 3. We had a knowledgeable guide in the person of George Adams.
- 4. We employ friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- 5. Cocaine addicts get specialized support from knowledgeable staff.
[ knowledgeable 造句 ]