- n. 语言；誓言，诺言；释放宣言
- vt. 有条件释放，假释；使假释出狱；宣誓后释放
1. pa (爸爸，口语，papa的缩写) + role => 爸爸发誓一定会演好这个角色。
2. 同源词：parole, parol, parable.
3. parable => parole.
来自法语parole d’honneur,承诺，承诺辞，即parole of honor,来自拉丁语parabola,说话，词源同parable,parley.原指战争中俘虏作出的不逃跑的承诺，后用于对罪犯的假释。
- parole (n.)
- 1610s, "word of honor," especially "promise by a prisoner of war not to escape," from French parole "word, speech" (in parole d'honneur "word of honor") from Vulgar Latin *paraula "speech, discourse," from Latin parabola (see parable). Sense of "conditional release of a prisoner before full term" is first attested 1908 in criminal slang.
- parole (v.)
- 1716, from parole (n.). Originally it was what the prisoner did ("pledge"); its transitive meaning "put on parole" is first attested 1782. Related: Paroled; paroling.
- 1. to be eligible for parole
- 2. People on parole must follow certain rules.
- 3. They had broken their parole and fled.
- 4. Although sentenced to life, he will become eligible for parole after serving 10 years.
- 5. If released, he will continue to be on parole for eight more years.
[ parole 造句 ]