来自拉丁语 soror,姐妹，来自 PIE*swesor,姐妹，词源同 sister.-ity,名词后缀。
- sorority (n.)
- 1530s, "a society of women, body of women united for some purpose," from Medieval Latin sororitas "sisterhood, of or pertaining to sisters," from Latin soror "sister" (see sister). Sense of "women's society in a college or university" attested by 1887 (Alpha Delta Pi claims founding in 1851).
- 1. Eleanor had belonged to the same sorority as Betty Jean and they were still great friends.
- 2. You think the sorority had something to do with it?
- 3. She's a great writer, but can you see her blending in at a sorority?
- 她文笔不错但你觉得她能在女子联谊会里如鱼得水 吗 ?
- 4. Mary joined a sorority when she was at college.
- 5. Her escapades were a subject of merriment in the sorority house.
[ sorority 造句 ]