CET6+ TEM8 IELTS GRE CET6
1. spatium "room, area, distance, stretch of time, space" => spati- + -al.
2. spatium => space, spacious ( 音变： t -> s -> c ).
3. formed in English as an adjective to space.
来自拉丁语 spatium,空间，词源同 space,spacial.拼写比较 vice,vitiate.
- spatial: see space
- spatial (adj.)
- 1840 (spacial is from 1838), "occupying space," from Latin spatium + adjectival suffix -al (1); formed in English as an adjective to space (n.), to go with temporal. Meaning "of or relating to space" is from 1857. Related: Spatially.
- 1. His manual dexterity and fine spatial skills were wasted on routine tasks.
- 2. Their strengths in memory and spatial skills matched.
- 3. changes taking place in the spatial distribution of the population
- 4. This part of brain judges the spatial relationship between objects.
- 5. One is also able to see how specific acts are related to a temporal and spatial context.
[ spatial 造句 ]