来自拉丁语 sphincter,括约肌，来自希腊语 sphinkter,绷带，带子，括约股，来自 sphingein, 绑，挤，挤压，词源同 sphinx.
- sphincter (n.)
- 1570s, from Middle French sphincter, from Late Latin sphincter "contractile muscle," from Greek sphinkter "band, lace, anything that binds tight," from sphingein "to squeeze, bind," of unknown origin. First used in anatomical sense by Galen. There are several in the body; the one usually meant is the sphincter ani.
- 1. Carlo's body , sphincter released by approaching death, had voided itself.
- 2. Luca's sphincter, no longer under control , opened , the waste of his body spilled out.
- 突然一下,地板上湿漉漉 、 滑溜溜的, 路加屎尿流出来了.
- 3. A ring of muscle, the cardiac sphincter, surrounds the esophagus at this point.
- 4. Partial internal anal sphincter resection does not compromise the longterm anal function.
- 5. Tongue Twister J _ K _ L Just think, that sphinx has a sphincter that stinks!
- 试想想, 那个狮身人面像的括约肌发臭了!
[ sphincter 造句 ]