1. stetho- "是戴是耳、使戴上耳" => stethoscope: 戴在耳朵上用耳朵听的医疗器具.
来自希腊语 stethos,胸腔，词源可能同 sternum,胸腔，-scope,看，镜。
- stethoscope (n.)
- instrument for examining the chest, 1820, from French stéthoscope, coined 1819 by its inventor, French physician René-Théophile-Hyacinthe Laënnec (1781-1826) from comb. form of Greek stethos "chest, breast" + -scope. Greek stethos is perhaps related to sternon (see sternum); it meant "front of the chest," and was only rarely used of a woman's breasts, but in Modern Greek it became the preferred polite term. Related: Stethoscopic; stethoscopy.
- 1. The stethoscope is a medical instrument.
- 2. He invented a new type of stethoscope.
- 3. Through his stethoscope, Noah Townsend's clinical notes revealed, he heard suppressed breath sounds and lung rales.
- 从诺亚·汤森的诊断记录上可以看出, 他在听诊时发现有呼吸受到压抑的声音,肺部有罗音.
- 4. I take it you know what a stethoscope is.
- 5. I am specifically interested in your stethoscope model 520.
[ stethoscope 造句 ]