- vt. 取代，代替；替换，更换；归还，偿还；把…放回原处
CET4 TEM4 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- replace (v.)
- 1590s, "to restore to a previous place or position," from re- "back, again" + place (v.). Meaning "to take the place of" is recorded from 1753; that of "to fill the place of (with something else)" is from 1765. Related: Replaced; replacing.
- 1. Who do you suppose will replace her on the show?
- 2. Around 1910 motorized carriages were beginning to replace horse-drawn cabs.
- 3. Steel cable will be used to replace worn ropes.
- 4. When your exhaust falls off, you have to replace it.
- 5. The new laws will be just as oppressive as those they replace.
[ replace 造句 ]