CET6 TEM8 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
1、pro- "forward" + -pel "drive, push".
2、含义：push forward, drive forward, drive forth.
- propel: see pulse
- propel (v.)
- mid-15c., "to drive away, expel," from Latin propellere "push forward, drive forward, drive forth; move, impel," from pro- "forward" (see pro-) + pellere "to push, drive" (see pulse (n.1)). Meaning "to drive onward, cause to move forward" is from 1650s. Related: Propelled; propelling.
- 1. Paddles are used especially to propel canoes and kayaks.
- 2. The tiny rocket is attached to the spacecraft and is designed to propel it toward Mars.
- 3. They use oars to propel boats.
- 4. We must develop industries with local advantages and propel the development of key areas.
来自汉英非文学 - 十六大报告
- 5. Monnet had chosen America as the deus ex machina that would propel Europe toward unity.
[ propel 造句 ]