- n. （河流的）三角洲；德耳塔（希腊字母的第四个字）
- n. (Delta)人名；(英、罗、葡)德尔塔
TEM4 IELTS GRE TOEFL
- delta:  Delta was the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet, corresponding to English d. Its capital form was written in the shape of a tall triangle, and already in the ancient world the word was being applied metaphorically to the triangular deposit of sand, mud, etc which forms at the mouth of rivers (the Greek historian Herodotus, for instance, used it with reference to the mouth of the Nile). Greek acquired the word itself from some Semitic language; it is related to dāleth, the name of the fourth letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
- delta (n.)
- c. 1200, Greek letter shaped like a triangle, equivalent to our "D," the name from Phoenician daleth "tent door." Herodotus used it of the mouth of the Nile, and it was so used in English from 1550s; applied to other river mouths from 1790.
- 1. The less stable compounds were converted into a compound called Delta-A THC.
- 2. A Delta II rocket was launched from Cape Canaveral early this morning.
- 3. Delta is the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet.
- 4. The Nile divides at its mouth and forms a delta.
- 5. The singularities and inverse kinematic solution of the DELTA robot are discussed.
[ delta 造句 ]