- vt. 引发，引起；触发
- vi. 松开扳柄
- n. 扳机；[电子] 触发器；制滑机
- n. (Trigger)人名；(英)特里杰
CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 TOEFL
改写或回构自早期拼写形式 tricker,来自荷兰语 trekker,扳机，来自 trekken,拉，拔，最终来自 PIE*dhragh,拉，词源同 drag,trek.引申词义起因，诱因等。
- trigger (n.)
- "device by means of which a catch or spring is released and a mechanism set in action," 1650s, earlier tricker (1620s), from Dutch trekker "trigger," from trekken "to pull" (see trek). Tricker was the usual form in English until c. 1750. Trigger-happy is attested from 1942.
- trigger (v.)
- 1930, from trigger (n.). Related: Triggered; triggering.
- 1. Stress may act as a trigger for these illnesses.
- 2. A man pointed a gun at them and pulled the trigger.
- 3. They were gunned down by members of the trigger-happy National Guard.
- 4. Unresolved or unacknowledged fears can trigger sleepwalking.
- 5. A wide range of emotionally stressful events may trigger a relapse.
[ trigger 造句 ]