- adj. 柔弱的；女人气的
- n. 女子气的男人
- vt. 使柔弱；使无男子汉气概
- vi. 变得无男子汉气概；变得柔弱
ef-, 向外。-fem, 女人，词源同female, feminine, 即表露出女人特征的。
- effeminate (adj.)
- late 14c., "womanish; voluptuous; tender," from Latin effeminatus "womanish, effeminate," past participle of effeminare "make a woman of," from ex- "out" (see ex-) + femina "woman" (see feminine). Rarely used but in reproach. The noun meaning "effeminate person" is from 1590s. Related: Effeminately; effemination.
- 1. His voice was curiously high-pitched, reedy, almost effeminate.
- 2. He spoke in an effeminate voice.
- 3. Contrary to his effeminate appearance, he said without reserve during interview.
- 相对于他的优柔寡断, 在访谈过程中他毫无保留.
- 4. See the handsome but effeminate young man; he has no virile character.
- 瞧这个奶油小生, 哪有一点儿男子汉的气概啊?
- 5. It will not effeminate the boy's mind.
[ effeminate 造句 ]