- vi. 起伏，波动；震动；呈波浪形
- vt. 波动；使波动；使起伏；使成波浪形
- adj. 波动的；起伏的；波浪形的
TEM8 IELTS GRE
1. und- + -ul- (diminutive affix) + -ate.
2. => wavy.
3. same PIE base words: vodka, water, wet, otter.
来自拉丁语unda, 水，水波，词源同abound,inundation,water, 字母w脱落。
- undulate:  Undulate goes back ultimately to Latin unda ‘wave’, source also of English inundate , redundant, and surround. This in turn was descended from the Indo-European base *ud-, which also produced Greek húdōr ‘water’ (source of the English prefix hydro-), and variants of which lie behind English vodka, water, and wet.
=> abound, inundate, redundant, sound, surround
- undulate (v.)
- "to move in waves," 1660s, back-formation from undulation. Related: undulated, undulating.
- 1. As we travel south, the countryside begins to undulate as the rolling hills sweep down to the riverbanks.
- 2. To undulate more freely, keep you hands about shoulder width apart.
- 要波动的更自由些, 保持你的手与肩膀同宽.
- 3. The species is characterized by its long and lanceolate leaflets with undulate teeth.
- 4. Put forward disposal idea and prevent measurement for quality abnormity undulate appears in entire produce process.
- 5. The way of reckoning for power supply now, makes the linerate undulate greatly at different period.
- 目前的供售电结算方式, 使供售电量不同期,线损率大幅波动.
[ undulate 造句 ]