CET6+ TEM4 IELTS TOEFL
- synonym: see name
- synonym (n.)
- "word having the same sense as another," early 15c. (but usually in plural form before 18c., or, if singular, as synonyma), from Old French synonyme (12c.) and directly from Late Latin synonymum, from Greek synonymon "word having the same sense as another," noun use of neuter of synonymos "having the same name as, synonymous," from syn- "together, same" (see syn-) + onyma, Aeolic dialectal form of onoma "name" (see name (n.)).
- 1. Zhuge Liang is a synonym for wisdom in folklore.
- 2. The term "industrial democracy" is often used as a synonym for worker participation.
- 3. Though perhaps that is merely a synonym for mercenary.
- 4. Its another, older, usage is a synonym for conveyance.
- 5. Now, YCL is being tagged as a synonym of terror.
- 现在, 共青团又被诬蔑为恐怖的代名词.
[ synonym 造句 ]