- n. 雀科鸣鸟；雀类
- n. (Finch)人名；(英、俄、西)芬奇
- finch (n.)
- common European bird, Old English finc "finch," from Proto-Germanic *finkiz "finch" (cognates: Middle Low German and Middle Dutch vinke, Dutch vink, Old High German finco, German Fink), perhaps imitative of the bird's note (compare Breton pint "chaffinch," Russian penka "wren").
- 1. Finch gave a superior smile.
- 2. This behaviour is commonly observed among several species of finch.
- 3. Do you have any evidence to support this conclusion, Mr. Finch?
- 4. As Jane Finch drove to work she thought about her Sandy.
- 5. MURRAY MCLAUGHLIN : The Gouldian finch used to be prolific across northern Australia.
- 默里麦克劳克林: 在胡锦雀曾经是多产在澳大利亚北部.
[ finch 造句 ]