1、orphan + -age.
- orphanage (n.)
- 1570s, "condition of being an orphan," from orphan (n.) + -age. Meaning "home for orphans" is from 1865 (earlier was orphan house, 1711).
- 1. Natasha attached herself to the film crew filming at her orphanage.
- 2. She was brought up in an orphanage after her parents died.
- 3. They dispensed new clothes to the children in the orphanage.
- 4. I've been chopping wood at the orphanage a long time.
- 我在孤儿院劈了好一阵了. ”
- 5. The orphanage is high in the Carolina mountains.
[ orphanage 造句 ]