- oratorio (n.)
- "long musical composition, usually with a text based on Scripture," 1727 (in English from 1640s in native form oratory), from Italian oratorio (late 16c.), from Church Latin oratorium (see oratory (n.2)), in reference to musical services in the church of the Oratory of St. Philip Neri in Rome, where old mystery plays were adapted to religious services.
- 1. It's the world's most popular oratorio.
- 2. This Christmas morning, radios around the world will play the Christmas Oratorio.
- 今年圣诞节早上, 世界各地的广播电台都会播放《圣诞节清唱剧》.
- 3. The Glee Club decided to present an oratorio during their recital.
- 4. Its peaks are the symphony and the oratorio.
- 5. The orchestra and chorus performed an Easter oratorio.
[ oratorio 造句 ]