- vt. 嘲笑；嘲弄；符合；相一致；
- vi. （=gibe）讥笑﹑ 嘲弄
- n. 嘲弄; 嘲讽
- v. (=gybe) 顺风时将船帆自一舷转向另一舷以改变方向.
- jibe (v.)
- "agree, fit," 1813, of unknown origin, perhaps a figurative extension of earlier jib, gybe (v.) "shift a sail or boom" (see jib). OED, however, suggests a phonetic variant of chime, as if meaning "to chime in with, to be in harmony." Related: Jibed; jibes; jibing.
- jibe (n.)
- "a taunt," alternative spelling of gibe.
- 1. The numbers don't jibe.
- 2. What he says does not jibe with what others say.
- 3. Her story didn't jibe with the witnesses'account.
- 4. The bank is clearly fed up with the constant jibe that it has no clear management strategy.
- 5. How did your expectations jibe with the reality?
[ jibe 造句 ]