- n. 第三纪；第三修道会会员；第三级教士
- adj. 第三的；第三位的；三代的
CET6+ TEM4 IELTS
1. third => tert- / terti- => tertiary.
来自拉丁语 tertius,第三，来自 ter,三，词源同 three.
- tertiary: see third
- tertiary (adj.)
- 1650s, "of the third order, rank, degree, etc.," from Latin tertiarius "of or pertaining to a third," from tertius "third, a third," from root of tres "three" (see three). The geological sense (with capital T-) of "era after the Mesozoic" (which formerly was called the Secondary) is attested from 1794, after Italian terziari, used in this sense 1760 by Italian geologist Giovanni Arduino (1714-1795).
- 1. Tertiary education follows secondary education.
- 2. He must have come to know those philosophers through secondary or tertiary sources.
- 3. Large stack deposits are controlled by deeply dipping faults Tertiary age.
- 4. Tertiary treatment comprises a series of physicochemical steps.
- 5. Aim To analyze Tertiary period sedimentary environment of Qaidamu saline lake.
[ tertiary 造句 ]