- topography (n.)
- early 15c., "description of a place," from Late Latin topographia, from Greek topographia "a description of a place," from topos "place" (see topos) + -graphia (see -graphy). Meaning "collective features of a region" is from 1847. Related: Topographic; topographical; topographically.
- 1. a map showing the topography of the island
- 2. The topography of the river's basin has changed significantly since the floods.
- 3. The motion of shallow waters is strongly dependent on the bottom topography.
- 4. Landforms of topography, vegetation and climate are influential factors in formation of soils.
- 地形或地形学 、 植被和气候都是对土壤形成有影响的因素.
- 5. Anomalies due to polarization can be so much larger than those resulting from topography.
[ topography 造句 ]