2. trunk => trounc- + -e => trounce. 打人当然是用树棍、木棍打了。
3. trunk => truncheon, trounce.
词源不详，可能来自拉丁语 truncare,砍，切，词源同 truncate,trench.引申词义打败，击溃等。
- trounce (v.)
- 1550s, "to trouble, afflict, harass," later "to beat, thrash" (1560s), of uncertain origin. Perhaps related to Middle French troncer "to cut, cut off a piece from," from tronce "piece of timber," from Old French tronc (see trunk). Related: Trounced; trouncing.
- 1. Now, I'll show you how to trounce your husband.
- 现在, 我要教你怎样打败你的丈夫.
- 2. You may want to reinforce your leadership in a market or trounce a competitive brand.
[ trounce 造句 ]