- adj. 黄褐色的，赤褐色的
- n. 赤褐色，黄褐色；冬季粗皮苹果（黄色苹果之一种）
来自拉丁语 russus,赤褐色的，红褐色的，来自 ruber,红色的，来自 PIE*reudh,红色的，词源 同 red,ruby,rissole.
- russet:  Latin russus ‘red’ went back ultimately to the prehistoric Indo-European *reudh- ‘red’, which also produced English red. From it was descended Old French rous, whose modern form roux has given English roux ‘flour and butter mixture’  (it is short for beurre roux ‘browned butter’). This formed the basis of a diminutive form rousset, which passed into English via Anglo-Norman russet. The application of the word to a red-skinned variety of apple dates from the 18th century.
=> red, roux
- russet (n.)
- mid-13c., "cloth of reddish-brown color," also (early 15c.) the color of this, from Old French rousset, from rosset (adj.) "reddish," diminutive of ros, rous "red," from Latin russus, which is related to ruber "red," from PIE *reudh- "red" (see red (adj.1)). As an adjective from late 14c. The word was applied to a type of apples first in 1620s, to a type of pears 1725.
- 1. The soft, pine - filtered light caught her mottled russet coat.
- 2. The dogwood bud, pale green is inlaid with russet markings.
- 山茱萸的蓓蕾, 淡绿清雅,点缀着褐色斑痕.
- 3. Non - russet sprouts can arise from completely russet apples.
- 4. The red fox was named for it's russet pelt.
- 5. The whole countryside glowed with the russet tints of autumn.
[ russet 造句 ]