CET4 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研 CET6
1、treat- "handle, manage" + -y.
2、字面意思为：discussion, handling. => agreement, discussion.
- treaty (n.)
- late 14c., "treatment, discussion," from Anglo-French treté, Old French traitié "assembly, agreement, dealings," from Latin tractatus "discussion, handling, management," from tractare "to handle, manage" (see treat (v.)). Sense of "contract or league between nations or sovereigns" is first recorded early 15c.
- 1. The treaty binds them to respect their neighbour's independence.
- 2. The requirement for work permits violates the spirit of the 1950 treaty.
- 3. His new relationship with Germany is enshrined in a new non-aggression treaty.
- 4. In the treaty both sides pledge to respect human rights.
- 5. The Partial Test-Ban Treaty bans nuclear testing in the atmosphere.
[ treaty 造句 ]