- vi. 烦躁；坐立不安；玩弄
- n. 烦躁；坐立不安；烦躁不安的人
- vt. 使不安；使烦乱
TEM8 IELTS GRE
来自古英语fiken, 忙乱，不安，词源同fickle, 反复无常。拼写受-dge影响。
- fidget (n.)
- 1670s, as the fidget "uneasiness," later the fidgets, from a verb fidge "move restlessly" (16c., surviving longest in Scottish), perhaps from Middle English fiken "to fidget, hasten" (see fike (v.)).
- fidget (v.)
- 1670s (implied in fidgetting); see fidget (n.). Related: Fidgeted.
- 1. What a fidget you are!
- 2. It annoys me when you fidget!
- 3. Presently he began to fidget on his seat.
- 4. He likes to fidget with computers.
- 5. Hurry up, your father is beginning to fidget, ie show signs of impatience.
- 快点, 你父亲有些不耐烦了.
[ fidget 造句 ]