- masc. proper name, from French Henri, from Late Latin Henricus, from German Heinrich, from Old High German Heimerich, literally "the ruler of the house," from heim "home" + rihhi "ruler." One of the most popular Norman names after the Conquest.
- 1. Henry generally stayed ahead of the others in the academic subjects.
- 2. It would never do to have Henry there in her apartment.
- 3. John Henry Williams was a no-show at last week's game in Milwaukee.
- 4. Happiness, which had been so elusive in Henry's life, still evaded him.
- 5. Hampton Court was made over to Henry VIII as a present.
[ Henry 造句 ]