- uvula:  The uvula, a small globular mass of tissue suspended from the rear of the roof of the mouth, reminded the Romans of a small grape. They therefore called it uva, which meant literally ‘grape’ (it is not known where this ultimately came from, but it may be distantly related to Russian jagoda ‘berry’). In postclassical times the diminutive form uvula took over in this sense.
- uvula (n.)
- late 14c., from Late Latin uvula, from Latin uvola "small bunch of grapes," diminutive of uva "grape," from PIE root *og- "fruit, berry." So called from fancied resemblance of the organ to small grapes. Related: Uvular.
- 1. Objective To investigate the therapeutical effect of uvula - preserving uvulopalatopharyngoplasty ( UPPP ).
- 目的观察保留悬 壅 垂腭咽成形术的临床效果.
- 2. If this is the tongue, then that must be the uvula.
- 如果这是舌头, 那么那个一定是小舌头.
- 3. Objective To explore the effect of uvula remaining for uvulopalatopharyngoplasty ( UPPP ).
- 目的探讨悬雍垂保留在悬雍垂腭咽成形术 ( UPPP ) 中的作用.
- 4. Objective : To investigate the histopathologic changes of uvula in severe obstructive sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome ( OSAHS ) .
- 目的: 探讨重度阻塞性睡眠呼吸暂停综合征患者 悬雍垂 组织的病理变化.
- 5. Jenny: If those are the teeth and that's the tongue, then that must be the uvula.
- 詹尼: 假如这些是房子的牙,那些是它的舌头, 那么那个一定是小舌头了.
[ uvula 造句 ]