- adj. 宗教的；虔诚的；严谨的；修道的
- n. 修道士；尼姑
CET4 TEM4 考 研 TOEFL CET6
- religious (adj.)
- c. 1200, "devout, pious, imbued with or expressive of religious devotion," from Anglo-French religius, Old French religious (12c., Modern French religieux) and directly from Latin religiosus, from religio (see religion). Meaning "pertaining to religion" is from 1530s. Transferred sense of "scrupulous, exact" is recorded from 1590s. Related: Religiousness.
- 1. She was a fairly rigid person who had strong religious views.
- 2. The teenager may have been abducted by a religious cult.
- 3. A religious psychotic in Las Vegas has killed four people.
- 4. The religious conservatives are not enamoured of the West and its values.
- 5. Their religious convictions prevented them from taking up arms.
[ religious 造句 ]