- n. 抄写员；作家；划线器
- vt. 写下，记下；用划线器划
- vi. 写下，记下；担任抄写员
- n. (Scribe)人名；(法)斯克里布
来自拉丁语 scribere,写，来自 PIE*skribh,刻，划，扩大形式自 PIE*sker,砍，切，削，词源同 score,shear,scrabble.引申词义抄书匠，抄书吏。
- scribe:  Scribe is at the centre of a large network of English words that go back to Latin scrībere ‘write’. Others include ascribe , describe, scribble , and shrive, while its past participle scriptus has contributed script , scripture , and transcript . Scribe itself comes from the Latin derivative scrība ‘official writer’. Scrībere went back to an Indo-European base which meant ‘cut, incise’, reflecting the origins of writing in carving marks on stone, wood, or clay; this was *skreibh-, an extension of *sker-, from which English gets shear, short, etc.
=> ascribe, conscription, describe, scribble, script, share, shear, short, shrive, transcribe
- scribe (v.)
- "to write," mid-15c., from Latin scribere "to write" (see script (n.)).
- scribe (n.)
- c. 1200, "professional interpreter of the Jewish Law" (late 11c. as a surname), from Church Latin scriba "teacher of Jewish law," used in Vulgate to render Greek grammateus (corresponding to Hebrew sopher "writer, scholar"), special use of Latin scriba "keeper of accounts, secretary, writer," from past participle stem of scribere "to write;" see script (n.). Sense "one who writes, official or public writer" in English is from late 14c.
- 1. IC had a scribe working on details, recording actions, etc.
- 事故指挥有一书记处理细节, 并记录所有措施等等.
- 2. Now and again scribe control lines conform with the design.
- 3. Base classes scribe and implement common behaviors across related concrete types.
- 4. You also be required to scribe one lecture of the course.
- 5. Scribe Text Win Scribe Text is a document and workflow management system.
[ scribe 造句 ]