- n. [解剖] 虹膜；鸢尾属植物
- adj. 鸢尾属植物的
- iris (n.)
- late 14c., flowering plant (Iris germanica), also "prismatic rock crystal," from Latin iris (plural irides) "iris of the eye, iris plant, rainbow," from Greek iris (genitive iridos) "a rainbow; the lily; iris of the eye," originally "messenger of the gods," personified as the rainbow. The eye region was so called (early 15c. in English) for being the colored part; the Greek word was used of any brightly colored circle, "as that round the eyes of a peacock's tail" [Liddell & Scott].
- 1. "He went back to the lab", Iris exclaimed impatiently.
- 2. Iris finally ordered coffees for herself and Tania.
- 3. Our auditors are skilled specialists with an additional IRIS - specific qualification.
- 4. We can offer you internationally recognized certification according to IRIS.
- 5. IRIS is an answer to these problems.
[ iris 造句 ]