TEM8 GRE TOEFL
1. line + -age.
2. 这里取 line 的引申义：家族，家系，血统。
- lineage (n.)
- late 17c. alteration (by influence of line (n.)) of Middle English linage (c. 1300), from Old French lignage "descent, extraction, race," from ligne "line," from Latin linea "string, line, thread" (see line (n.)).
- 1. She has never traced back her lineage, but believes her grandparents were from Aberdeenshire.
- 2. They can trace their lineage directly back to the 18th century.
- 3. The heroes and heroines are of ancient and aristocratic lineage.
- 4. He did not suspect the pretty shepherd - boy came of royal lineage.
- 5. She was of ( an ) aristocratic lineage.
- 她 有 贵族的血统.
[ lineage 造句 ]