- n. 牡鹿；不带女伴的舞客；阉割过的雄鹿
- adj. 全是男人的
- vi. 不带女伴参加晚会
- n. (Stag)人名；(英)斯塔格；(瑞典)斯塔格
1. 电影：《单身派对》：《The Stag》。
2. 图书：The White Stag （白牡鹿）。
3. sting => stag.
来自古英语 stagga,雄鹿，来自 Proto-Germanic*staggijo,雄鹿，豪猪，来自 PIE*stegh,刺，插， 词源同 stick,sting.
- stag (n.)
- late 12c., probably from Old English stagga "a stag," from Proto-Germanic *stag-, from PIE *stegh- "to prick, sting" (see sting (v.)). The Old Norse equivalent was used of male foxes, tomcats, and dragons; and the Germanic root word perhaps originally meant "male animal in its prime." Meaning "pertaining to or composed of males only" (stag party) is American English slang from 1848. Stag film "pornographic movie" is attested from 1968. Stag beetle, so called for its" horns," is from 1680s.
- 1. The hounds followed the stag's scent.
- 2. The hounds will soon hunt down the stag.
- 3. The stag at bay is a dangerous foe.
- 4. Jack went stag to the dance.
- 5. Jack says he goes stag every Saturday night.
[ stag 造句 ]