CET6+ TEM8 GRE
con-, 强调。-voy, 路，词源同via, way. 即护送上路的队伍。
- convoy: see convey
- convoy (n.)
- early 16c., "the act of guiding or escorting for protection," from convoy (v.), late 14c., from Old French convoier, from Vulgar Latin *conviare, literally "go together on the road" (see convey). The meaning "train of ships or wagons carrying munitions or provisions in wartime under protection of escort" is from c. 1600.
- 1. A convoy of United Nations trucks rolled into Sarajevo today.
- 2. We took our place at the head of the convoy.
- 3. There'sunlikely to be firm news about the convoy's progress for some time.
- 4. The convoy wound its way through the West Bank.
- 5. He ordered the combined fleet to convoy troops to Naples.
[ convoy 造句 ]