来自PIE*gheim, 雪，冬季，词源同hibernation, 冬眠。字面意思即传说中的雪怪。
- chimera (n.)
- fabulous monster, late 14c., from Old French chimere or directly from Medieval Latin chimera, from Latin Chimaera, from Greek khimaira, name of a mythical creature, slain by Bellerophon, with a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail (supposedly personification of snow or winter); literally "year-old she-goat" (masc. khimaros), from kheima "winter season" (see hibernation). Figurative meaning "wild fantasy" first recorded 1580s in English (attested 13c. in French).
Beestis clepid chymeres, that han a part of ech beest, and suche ben not, no but oonly in opynyoun. [Wyclif, "Prologue"]
- 1. Religious unity remained as much a chimera as ever.
- 2. Contact with the epidermal cells of Health dentate processes, and mutual chimera.
- 表皮细胞接触处密生齿状突起, 且互相嵌合.
- 3. Single chimera light pink two - tone fluted star. Plain, pointed. Large.
- 单瓣深浅不一的亮粉红色星形缟花, 花瓣端有凹痕. 平坦尖型叶.大型.
- 4. Therefore a search for our hero, Bellerophon, we created a monster Chimera.
- 这样,为了造就我们的英雄贝拉尔芬, 我们制造了一个怪物——凯米拉.
- 5. Tribal Totem: Chimera, a powerful dream - spirit of variegated form.
- 部族图腾: 奇美拉, 一种奇形怪状的强大梦中怪物.
[ chimera 造句 ]