em-, 进入，使。-bol, 扔，掷，镶嵌，词源同ballistic, problem, symbol.
- embolus (n.)
- 1660s, "stopper, wedge," from Latin embolus "piston of a pump," from Greek embolos "peg, stopper; anything pointed so as to be easily thrust in," also "a tongue (of land), beak (of a ship)," from emballein "to insert, throw in, invade" (see emblem). Medical sense in reference to obstruction of a blood vessel is from 1866. Related: Embolic.
- 1. I think she's a prime candidate for a pulmonary embolus.
- 2. Such a saddle embolus is a cause for sudden death.
- 3. Obstruction or occlusion of a blood vessel an embolus.
- 4. What is the incidence and mortality from amniotic fluid embolus ( AFE )?
- 羊水栓塞 ( AFE ) 的发生率和死亡率?
- 5. Such an embolus will kill your patient.
[ embolus 造句 ]